[GRLUG] $50K Prize if You Find Way to Block Robocalls

Ben Rousch brousch at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 10:28:45 EST 2012

I have been toying with the idea of crowd-sourcing the reporting. When
you get a robocall, you use an app to report the call. When enough
reports have come in, the number is added to a list, like a SORBS for
phone numbers.

I already have a "Blocked Callers" group in my contacts to which I add
any numbers I don't want to ring through. I also have a rule in Google
Voice that turns on call screening for calls from those numbers. So
the final step is to import the spam call list into that contact on a
regular interval.

But there are problems with this system, just like any other spam
reporting system: fake/blocked caller ID and 4chan deciding to get the
white house's phone number on the list are two examples.