[GRLUG] Firefox & Google

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Fri May 25 16:13:14 EDT 2012

I realized today that the problems I have seen using Google & Firefox
seem to be related to the Javascript that must be allowed to use the Calendar.

Symptoms: When doing a Google search, the first page displays, but
when trying "Next" or changing the query ON the page, the page dims
and is then nonfunctional; the only way to reset is to enter a new
query in the start bar at the top.

I happened to think about the Google JS allowed, so I turned OFF all
JS in NoScript and, Viola', functionality! No adds on the top or
right-hand side, but IT WORKED NORMALLY!

Has anyone else experience behavior like this? Assuming Google is
getting too fancy for the JS they want to use, might there be a way
to disable JS by *tab* instead of the entire browser?

	TIA,

	Lee