[GRLUG] git 'snapshots'

Jonathon Klobucar pilotplantpirate at gmail.com
Fri May 18 19:05:38 EDT 2012

Git snapshots the whole workspace in the repo and the next snapshot is the 'diff' which is more an object that is the changes since the last snapshot. snapshot is in essence a poor mans way of saying a commit. :)

Also, git is insanely fast comparatively to other systems and compacts the snapshots.

-- Jon