[GRLUG] Persistant search domain

John Wesorick john at wesorick.com
Thu Mar 29 10:14:48 EDT 2012

By 11.10, I'm assuming you mean Ubuntu 11.10 and are using network manager.
You can set your search domains for each connection there. Click on the
connection, edit it, then choose IPv4 Settings. You'll have to change the
"Method" to "Automatic (DHCP) addresses only" to be able to edit the DNS
servers/search domains.