[GRLUG] Persistant search domain

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Thu Mar 29 06:48:11 EDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-03-28 at 23:33 -0400, Roger Roelofs wrote:
> This is just a guess, but
> On my system, resolv.conf can be rewritten by dhcpd, but

Or, if not dhcpcd, then by NetworkManager (which may parent dhcpcd, or
control if via systemd...).  In an effort to support everyones hardware
and [often whack-a-do] network setups this can get pretty confusing.

> resolv.conf.head and resolv.conf.tail are included in the rewritten
> resolve.conf so you can put static configs there and they will be
> included on every rewrite.

+1

Beware that these settings are necessarily additive, but may supplant,
so the resulting behavior may not be what you intend/expect.