[GRLUG] productivity software

Roger Roelofs roger.roelofs at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 16:42:42 EDT 2012

I actually use Todo.txt which is an awful lot loke a text file +
editor.  It has the addition of a command line tool to manage the list
and mark stuff done.  There is a neat python project related to
Todo.txt called punch that adds time tracking.  If you have dropbox
installed you can even put the text files in your dropbox and share
then between all your devices.  http://todotxt.com/

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 4:36 PM, John-Thomas Richards <jtr at jrichards.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 02:59:12PM -0500, L. V. Lammert wrote:
>> On Wed, 28 Mar 2012, John-Thomas Richards wrote:
>>
>> > Any of you have experience with Tracks?  It's a personal project
>> > manager.
>> >
>> > http://getontracks.org/
>> >
>> It looks like an excellent personal manager, .. however if you are a
>> consultant with multiple projects and possibly other subcontractors, there
>> are some things missing:
>>
>>       * Time entry/tracking
>>       * Task management
>>       * Monthly reporting for billing
>>
>> A much more flexible system that we use is Redmine - oriented towards
>> software development, but the project, issue, and time tracking is very
>> usable for project management.
>
> It is designed for personal use, which is exactly what I need.  I don't
> need time tracking, etc, though I can see how a consultant would.
>
> I don't like the lack of a Debian package.  I'm not interested in
> manually tracking updates and bug-fixes, though the app looks like a
> great idea.  Currently I keep track of a to-do list of sorts with a text
> file and vim.
> --
> john-thomas
> ------
> Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not.
> Why should I fear that which cannot exist when I do?
> Epicurus, philosopher (c.341-270 BCE)

Roger

Roger Roelofs
Know what you value.