[GRLUG] webmin

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Thu Jun 14 12:43:12 EDT 2012

On Thu, 14 Jun 2012, Ben Rousch wrote:

> Mike hit the nail on the head. I used Webmin many, many years ago and
> ran into exactly the problems he described.

The problem, however, exists with ANY tool that manages config files -
yast is a perfect example - avoiding conflicts is just a required process
when using a tool instead of editing config files directly.

We have been using Webmin for MANY years, and highly recommend it; it's
also fairly easy to secure by requiring the local subnet for the remote
host.

AFA the package situation, it's a simple Perl install so it's much simpler
to just download the current version.

	Lee