[GRLUG] 32bit vs. 64bit [Was: Random questions]

Tim Schmidt timschmidt at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 09:41:06 EDT 2012

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 9:33 AM, Clay Ashby <kingpoiuy at gmail.com> wrote:
> I really hope technology isn't progressing that slowly, but you could be
> right. More importantly, I like your avatar.

I doubt you'll see lots of 25 year old phones and tablets floating
around, but 25 year old radios, record players, thermostats, machine
tools, cars, and I'm sure lots more are still pretty common in my
every day.  All the sort of things ARM CPUs tend to find their way
into.

Heck, I still enjoy breaking out the ~1985 Nintendo.  That's 27 years
old, still works, and It's modern equivalent has a 32bit CPU :-/

--tim