[GRLUG] Raspberry Pi Question

megadave megadave at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 22:14:02 EDT 2012

1. There are two official manufacturer/distributor partners for the
R-Pi. alliedelec is the US partner of one of those two. Lead time
before they ship will vary.

2. You can connect R-Pi to your TV, but R-Pi does NOT run windows, so
cannot run Netflix (I'm unsure of the requirements for amazon video)

3.  R-Pi can run X11., but whether it starts on boot or  has to be
manually started depends on how the software is configured. The debian
'squeeze' that is offered does not start it on boot.

For more detailed information:

 Official site: (Note "where to buy" on the right site of the page)
http://www.raspberrypi.org/
http://www.raspberrypi.org/faqs

 R-Pi wiki
http://elinux.org/RaspberryPiBoard