[GRLUG] Raspberry Pi Question

Lijewski, Scott A ScottL at mmcwm.com
Thu Jul 26 21:30:30 EDT 2012

1.  Should be a shorter wait than that.  There was a recent news item that they have been increasing production.

2.  It can handle 1080p fine but it doesn't come with a remote so you'll have to do something to control it from a couch.  By default the Debian distros boot into a command line.

3.  Raspbian and arm Debian both come with OpenBox and a lightweight web browser (which is quite a bit slower than a normal desktop).  Raspbian is faster as it takes advantage of the pi's floating point hardware.  There is also a xbmc image in beta which is more suited for a media player.

Sent from my iPad