[GRLUG] hdmi audio now working (?)

John-Thomas Richards jtr at jrichards.org
Sat Jul 14 09:07:09 EDT 2012

Since I bought my laptop about a year ago HDMI audio would not work
under Debian.  Under Ubuntu (came preinstalled) there were multiple
options for "Digital Stereo (HDMI) Output) in the PulseAudio Volume
Control app.  Under Debian there has been only one and it didn't send
HDMI audio to the television.

Last night I connected my laptop to the television, determined to get
HDMI audio working.  I opened up the PAVC and noticed some extra config
options for Playback.  I went to the configuration tab and discovered
multiple options for the HDMI Output.  I selected each in turn; the
fourth worked.  I now have HDMI audio.

There was a Pulse update to Debian Wheezy in May.  Whatever it included,
it works now.

And just a few days before I figured out how to get the UI to rotate
properly on my n900.  What a week.
--
john-thomas
------