[GRLUG] Linux Mint 13 No sound output from Line-in

moosebriard moosebriard at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 22:56:16 EDT 2012

I have a Windoze computer running television from a Hauppage TV tuner card.
 I output from the Speaker (High Definition Audio Device) through a cord
into my Linux Mint 13 box's Line-in port.  I have made sure the items
"Master" and "Line" are at 100 in Alsamixer.  When I open sound settings
and click the input tab, I see the input level meter fluctuating.  The
speaker test from the Linux box works, but no output from the Line-in
connector.

I recently upgraded from Mint 12 to 13.  The set up worked under Mint 12
for a long time.  I remember messing with it for quite some time until I
found out about Alsamixer when I got it to work last time.  Any ideas as to
what I am overlooking?