[GRLUG] crontab not running a working script

megadave megadave at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 12:48:30 EST 2012

When you issue the command manually, are you running as root (or using
sudo) or as your own user?

Also, are you putting this in the system crontab, root's crontab, or
in your own user crontab?

If the "config" file is in ./home/user/.something - then if cron runs
it as root its looking for /root/.something

If when it works you are running it as yourself (and NOT root), then
it needs to either go in your own user crontab, or if in the system
/etc/crontab, then you need to put your userid in the 'user' field,
rather than root.