[GRLUG] crontab not running a working script

John-Thomas Richards jtr at jrichards.org
Thu Jan 12 11:47:07 EST 2012

I sync my box to memotoo.com's service.  Works from the commandline with
`syncevolution memotoo'.  The password is in the config files so when I
enter the above command, it syncs, then I'm back to a command prompt.  I
can take that command and put it in a simple bash script:

        #!/bin/bash
        syncevolution memotoo

It works as expected; no further input is needed.  However, when I put
that script into my crontab, I get this error message:

        Enter password for memotoo: [ERROR] error code from
        SyncEvolution fatal error (local, status 10500): could not read
        password for memotoo

        Synchronization failed, see
        /home/jtr/.cache/syncevolution/memotoo-2012-01-12-11-38/syncevolution-log.html
        for details.

The error log simply repeats that it could not read the password.

My scripting skills are limited; am I missing something?  If it works
from a commandline should it not also work from cron?
--
john-thomas
------