[GRLUG] Anyone want an OLD Dell 1750 server

scott.tanner at comcast.net scott.tanner at comcast.net
Wed Jan 11 17:39:00 EST 2012

Okay, I've been given the go-ahead on the Dell servers, and it looks like I have just enough for those who are interested. Here's the current list, let me know if I've missed anyone, or if you no longer want one:

Megadave
Steve Romanow
Matt Michielsen
Ryan Pusztai
Brad DeVries
John-Thomas Richards
Keith Hinkle
Casey DuBois
TeamXlink

There's one caveat to this, I will need to wipe the servers before I can hand them out, which could be an issue due to limited time on my part. So to expedite the process, I'm proposing a re-install project for next weeks GRLUG meeting ( can't make the meeting tonight ). I'll bring the servers, you bring install media (there's a CD-rom on each server, a couple of USB ports and PXE boot options) and once the systems been flashed, it can be taken home. Casey's agreed to host this project - Thank you!

Due to the number of servers, we may need to spread this over a couple of meetings.

For those who cant make one of the GRLUG meetings, contact me off list to work something else out.

Thanks.
Scott