[GRLUG] multiple login on Mac

Bob Kline bob.kline at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 11:06:43 EST 2012

There you go.  15 years ago and things
are "great" already.  15 years later one has
1TB drives for $65 - until Singapore went
under water anyway - 8GB of memory for
$50 to $100, quad core CPUs, BIG displays,
etc..  Soon no one will remember what a
floppy is - any nice meaning for it anyway -
and Malox sounds like something you'd
take after eating and drinking too much at
a party. And now one freely accesses OSes
that are comparable to anything 10 and
more years ago.

Beyond the bigger, cheaper, and more
reliable, attributes to describe today's
versions of the hardware of those halcyon
days of 15 and more years ago, what are
the big new ideas since then?  What does
one have today that one didn't have 10
years ago, if in a more crude, more
expensive, form?  Don't get me wrong.
Things are better today, but mostly because
of hardware advances and cost reductions.

   -- Bob