[GRLUG] multiple login on Mac

Roger Roelofs roger.roelofs at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 14:04:43 EST 2012

Eric,

Mac graphical remote control is based on VNC.  You can use your
account as a login credential to the VNC server.  Doing that doesn't
create a separate graphical session.  You can log out of one graphical
'session' and log in as another user, but there is only one 'display
context' so you can't have two users using the 'display' at the same
time.

On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 10:19 AM, Eric Beversluis
<ebever at researchintegration.org> wrote:
> As I recall, *nix systems are supposed to be able to support multiple
> logins. I thought this meant multiple users would get their own session.
> So I'm wondering if anyone knows if this can be done on Mac and if so,
> how.
>
> I can get remote access/remote management from my Linux box to my wife's
> Mac, but it puts me into the same session as she's in, even tho I'm
> logged in as myself. Is there some way to do remote desktop to her Mac
> and get a second different session for myself?
>
> Thanks.

> believed to be clean.

Roger

Roger Roelofs