[GRLUG] Linux PIM

Roger Roelofs roger.roelofs at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 16:37:33 EST 2012

I vote for the command line too.  I'm currently using todo.txt along
with punch for time tracking.  They both work with plain text files
that I can put on my Dropbox for easy access from my phone or
wherever.  It doesn't do anything else a PIM would do.  PIM features
accessible form the command line would be killer.  Among other things
it would make integration with other apps much simpler.

Thanks for tilting at windmills for our benefit!

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 4:03 PM, Patrick Goupell
<patrick at upmerchants.com> wrote:
> I had not thought of (or planned) anything for the command line.
>
> But I will add you idea to the project.  Cannot guarantee it will get in,
> but it might (interesting things to do always seem to get done first)
>

> On 02/29/2012 03:11 PM, John-Thomas Richards wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 02:20:08PM -0500, Patrick Goupell wrote:
>>

>>> Hello All,
>>>
>>> I am a programmer / developer in northeast lower Michigan.  To keep
>>> myself occupied I am writing a pim (personal information manager).
>>>
>>> It will be a blending of features from such programs as microsoft
>>> outlook, efficient pim, korganizer, kde&  gnome pims and whatever
>>>
>>> else I can dream up.
>>>
>>> If there is that one feature that you would most like to get in a
>>> pim, what would it be?
>>>
>>> Feel free to sound off one any other feature(s) you think should be
>>> included (or excluded) from a pim.
>>>

>> Command.  Line.  Interface.
>>
>> Seriously.  I realize that a GUI is how most would interact with it, but
>> writing a PIM with both GUI and CLI interfaces would truly rock.  Or
>> just leave out the GUI.  ;-)
>>
>> All the other stuff like ical support, etc., is fairly obvious.  I don't
>> want to fire up Evolution to add an appointment.  I'd rather open a
>> term.
>>

> --
> Patrick Goupell
>
> Income taxes?  See this http://www.truthattack.org or this