[GRLUG] Cygwin process control

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Thu Feb 23 11:32:03 EST 2012

On Thu, 2012-02-23 at 00:08 -0600, L. V. Lammert wrote:
> We have had no success keeping AutoSSH running, .. so I am trying a bash
> script that works on Linux. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to find any way
> to *get* process information when a link is up!

Heh,  SSH on Windows *sucks*.  I've tried numerous implementations, they
are all a disaster.

> All ps returns is the main command with no parameters - the only process
> data returned is '/usr/bin/bash'. Not that there would be more than one
> active connection, but has anyone seen a way to get more detail?

Create a pid directory where you can create a state file for each
connection as it comes up.  From the initialization of the connection
[within your bash script] create this file and write the information
[from within the process].  Then you can just scan the folder for
information on active connections and potentially reap terminated
connectons.

--
System & Network Administrator [ LPI & NCLA ]
<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com>