[GRLUG] Linux lanparty

Kyle dontwantspam1 at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 10 18:59:11 EST 2012

Sounds like fun.  I've hosted a couple small LAN parties at my house
before, but have never visited one.

Networked Battle for Wesnoth can be a lot of fun, but it doesn't scale
well to large groups.  I've found that once you get up to about 4
players, everyone ends up waiting around quite a bit for the other
players to finish their turns.

I believe FlightGear supports network play, though I don't know which
modes.  I always loved playing networked YSFlight, but while it runs on
Linux, it's not open-source.

BZFlag's pretty well-known for network play.

I've found this site to be extraordinarily helpful for finding games before:

http://www.lgdb.org/list_games

If you run a search on there for Features->Multiplayer and Source->Open,
there's a pretty decent list to work with.

- Kyle