[GRLUG] Linux lanparty

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 15:32:57 EST 2012

If it happens at Casey's place[1], there wouldn't be a lack of network
ports. And I can bring my 24-port gigabit switch from home, so,
really, no trouble either way.

[1] no guarantee; haven't verified, yada yada. Should be trivial to
come up with another location if necessary.

Bigger sticking point would be game licenses for commercial games.
And, IIRC, Steam breaks down in lanparty scenarios. Also, peoples'
gaming boxes probably don't run Linux. There's going to be a lot of
learning, troubleshooting and experimenting going on. :)