[GRLUG] Anyone interested in an Android / Debian tablet?

Tim Schmidt timschmidt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 18:48:23 EST 2012

I've been blessed with too many tablets...  As such, I have one that I
could part with.  It's an Archos 101 (
http://www.archos.com/products/ta/archos_101it/specs.html?country=us&lang=en
).  Since it, somewhat uniquely, runs Debian, I figured someone in the
group might be interested.

The specs are decent - 1Ghz ARM A8, 1024x600 10.1 inch screen,
full-size USB host port, HDMI-out, 8Gb internal storage, a microSD
slot, 256Mb ram, and a built-in kickstand.

It's been rooted, I've installed the google app market, and set it up
to dual-boot Android and Debian Squeeze w/ Gnome.  Both environments
work well, though some hardware doesn't seem to be supported on the
Debian side yet (like audio - but wifi works).

There are pre-built Debian images available for it online with XFCE,
Gnome, KDE, etc.

It's only been used for a few hours.

I posted it to Craigslist for $300, but I'd take $250 + a little for
shipping from anyone on the GRLUG.

--tim