[GRLUG] Partition Backup

Steven Scherbinski steve.scherbinski at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 08:01:01 EST 2012

Are you trying to backup/restore the partition itself or the partition
table?  You could clone the whole disk with dd, or you could
backup/restore the partition table with fdisk.  If it is a mountable
file system, just restore files with tar or zip.

Or maybe I'm not understanding the question, which since I haven't had
much coffee yet, is entirely possible.