[GRLUG] SSH to Raspberry Pi

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Wed Dec 12 14:28:34 EST 2012

On Wed, 12 Dec 2012, John Wesorick wrote:

> Just a thought. Change the port on the router. Some routers will not route
> port 22, as they use it themselves for remote configuration. Also, just
> double-check that no-ip has the correct IP address.

Do you have access to a Linux box? The best way to figure it out what is
open on the router is to run nmap against the public IP - that will tell
you what ports are open the router for sure.

You can also telnet to that IP & port number, and you will see a response
something like:

telnet <host> <port>
Trying <ip>...
Connected to <host>.
Escape character is '^]'.
SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_5.6

This indicates the port is open, and there is an ssh server responding.

If you don't have access to a linux box, sent the hostname to me directly
and I'd be happy to run nmap against it.

	Lee