[GRLUG] CentOS on HyperV

grlug at tcowan.net grlug at tcowan.net
Thu Dec 6 14:24:52 EST 2012

You should be good to go. I noticed no changes when disabling irqbalance.
After installing the RPM files all my problems went away. I shared this
information with you because I did a service call with this exact issue
and RedHat support is horrible and they know nothing. CentOS/Red Hat must
not be using the right hyper-v patches in their default kernel or
something. I never had to install anything on my Debian/Ubuntu installs.
Also Red Hat 5 does not have any problems either. It was very strange, but
I spent probably 8 hours trying to determine the problem. Microsoft calls
it "Linux Integration Services" if you have to look it up for whatever
reason.

I disable selinux a lot just cause it is very temperamental. After you
install those RPM's you should be good to go. They are just loadable
kernel modules for the kernel. Hopefully they get better kernel support
for Hyper-V and Red Hat later on.

Good luck.