[GRLUG] Are ssd drives worth it?

moosebriard moosebriard at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 21:57:44 EDT 2012

I just bought an OCZ ssd for my Windoze lappy.  I love it.  Similar to
Steve's comment, it has made the slow-booting and slow offing Windoze
bearable.  I pulled the original drive, slapped it and the new one in my
trusty Mint box and used the dd command to copy...although, now that I
think about it, the original drive was smaller than the new one.... I have
never checked to see how that affected the new drives reported size, if at
all.