[GRLUG] Nexus 7

John Wesorick john at wesorick.com
Wed Aug 1 15:05:38 EDT 2012

A powered USB hub SHOULD put out USB spec (850w), but all manufacturer's
have been having a field day implementing whatever power output they feel
like over the last several years. This is why the external hard drives
(that have platters, not SSD or flash) that don't use external power
sources are able to work on some PCs, but others you need to use a USB Y
cable. The ones that require the cable are conforming to USB spec, the ones
that don't put out more power than they should (i.e. are out of spec).