[GRLUG] Please no more "NOT LINUX" on this *off-topic* topic [Was: NOT LINUX]

Lijewski, Scott A ScottL at mmcwm.com
Fri Sep 30 13:35:14 EDT 2011

+1

-----Original Message-----
From: grlug-bounces at grlug.org [mailto:grlug-bounces at grlug.org] On Behalf Of David Pembrook
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2011 1:33 PM
To: Mailing List for LUG in greater Grand Rapids, MI area.
Subject: Re: [GRLUG] Please no more "NOT LINUX" on this *off-topic* topic [Was: NOT LINUX]

That really doesn't work as threads evolve and the subject doesn't
always change with the topic. Sure you can add the filter but unless we
create rules for identifying off topic threads, your going to delete
more mail than intended in the long run.  With mail going to multiple
devices on multiple platforms its a pain in the neck.

This is really about what we want to talk about as a group here. What
about religion? We have politics now...

The person who started this when criticized, had to get personal calling
us a gang of 4. He just shows how weak his position is that way. I would
label his comments more against free speech than those of us that would
like political topics in political forums. I like a good political
discussion, but is that what this forum is about?

This isn't about one post, this is about long off topic threads.

Dave