[GRLUG] Please no more "NOT LINUX" on this *off-topic* topic [Was: NOT LINUX]

Benjamin Flanders flanderb at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 12:03:41 EDT 2011

Nothing against any of you, you are all more knowledgeable than I, but
I say whats the damage?  I don't particularly watch the politics, but
I just ignore the threads I don't want to read.  Gmail makes this easy
with "mute"(others should have this feature as well) but I don't even
go that far, I usually open skim then archive.  if it a thread I don't
even want to skim, I just archive.  No harm no foul.

I kinda have to agree with Bob on this.  Why tamp down ANY discussion,
when it is easy to just ignore or mute it.  You might create an
environment where newbies are afraid to ask a question.

Just my thoughts

Share and Enjoy
Ben