[GRLUG] Please no more "NOT LINUX" on this *off-topic* topic [Was: NOT LINUX]

Bob Kline bob.kline at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 11:46:54 EDT 2011

The four of you - so far - can of course
simply not open the "NOT LINUX" postings,
which is why the subject line provides the
warning.  That's been the convention for a
while now.

Net neutrality is not a static issue, which
is why I monitor the situation.  And it's likely
more of an issue than it's given credit for,
but that could only be the makings of a
discussion.

I'm chastened, and can see that something
like net neutrality does not have the stature
of something like the posting of floppy drives
playing a marching tune, one more go around
about where and when to meet, endless
discussions about the right package to use
for GRLUG messages, etc.

I can't tell whether anyone else on the list
does find the net neutrality issue of interest,
because they tend not to want to suppress
discussion.  But for the four of you, and
possibly more, let it be fair warning then that
some are attempting to monitor what goes
on the GRLUG forum.  Or is an actual monitor
in the works?  I take it any one of you imagine
yourself suitable for determining what the
rest of us look at. That takes a bit of hubris,
but apparently there's no shortage of that here.

In it's own way this kind of sounds like a local
version of the net neutrality issue, doesn't it......

OK folks, beware of what you post, and
hope the gang of four - or more - doesn't
come your way.  Apparently the subject
line notice is no longer enough. But I suspect
this unwillingness to just look the other way
will not end here.

    -- Bob