[GRLUG] GRLUG site

Kyle dontwantspam1 at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 28 13:20:18 EDT 2011

-----Original Message-----

I'm all for keeping the organizational structure the way it is.  I very much like the fact that it holds together without any oversight, and I think that cooperative attitude is part of what makes this group awesome.  It's much less intimidating for people when I invite them to the Socials to know that, no, there's not really anybody in charge, and that if you consider yourself interested in Linux you're just as much of a member as anyone else and you'll fit right in.  And that was a really long sentence.  :)

>As our sysadmin, I am perfectly willing to setup whatever
>environment/tools necessary for a webmaster to work his/her magic on
>our site - on our dedicated server.  I've bared the (minimal) expense
>of our domain/server/site since day one and have no problem continuing
>to do so.

I very much appreciate what you've contributed in this regard.  If you're willing to keep it up, let's go with that.  My concern was that I very much like it the way it is, and if it was going to be moved, I'd rather not see it be any more complicated.  I feel it's currently perfectly adequate.

>So, if the current arrangement for our mailing list works for most,
>lets table that issue and engage in conversation regarding our site
>and LUG structure.  Thanks to all.

With you being good with keeping things going, +1 to that.  Thanks again for what you've done and continue to do!

- Kyle