[GRLUG] GRLUG site

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Wed Sep 28 13:02:35 EDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-09-28 at 12:58 -0400, David Pembrook wrote:
> At the time all we had was the mailing list. I though a wiki would be
> perfect. It worked for many years. I still think a wiki is the way to
> go. They are designed to let the group edit and maintain content.  Still
> need someone to keep it patched and secure.

I dunno.  I saw the Program Directory for an active LUG for ~6 years
[back in the halcyon days of the Dot Com bubble].  One real problem
is.... why a site?  It is *very* hard to make a LUG site, find
consistent editors, etc...

If the site said "we exist", a link the list, and possibly a schedule of
events.  There just isn't anything else to put there.

We once played with the idea of a members directory and some other
random concepts, none of which went anywhere - mostly because these are
redundant of this available elsewhere.

I suppose a link to the GRLUG planet would be a good idea - that
contains probably all the 'content' the group has to offer.