[GRLUG] GRLUG site

Godwin godwin at grandrapids-lug.org
Wed Sep 28 11:59:49 EDT 2011

Greets all,

Allow me to add some detail.   I have a dedicated cloud server for
GRLUG which is where I host/manage the mailing list.   There really is
no problem with its continued use.  Though I am not opposed to moving
the list - if consensus is reached - we really have no need to do so.
I will continue to have the server space with 99.9% update (as per
their SLA) dedicated for GRLUG use.

Our site, however, could use some tender loving care.  I briefly
discussed this with Casey while at GRRCON the other day and suggested
we open up discussion on the topic.  I think it best for us, as a LUG,
to attempt to strengthen our structure and elect officials.  One
position needed is Webmaster for the aforementioned site.   I know
Casey, Ben, Mike (and others) are greatly responsible for keeping us
alive - for which you have my thanks.  Just thought I'd throw that in
there...  :-)

As our sysadmin, I am perfectly willing to setup whatever
environment/tools necessary for a webmaster to work his/her magic on
our site - on our dedicated server.  I've bared the (minimal) expense
of our domain/server/site since day one and have no problem continuing
to do so.

So, if the current arrangement for our mailing list works for most,
lets table that issue and engage in conversation regarding our site
and LUG structure.  Thanks to all.

G-

P.S.  No, this isn't my Jerry Maguire "manifesto"...   :-)

--
Ubber::Geek
http://grlug.org/