[GRLUG] NOT LINUX - net neutrality

Bob Kline bob.kline at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 13:59:15 EDT 2011

Yes, money can be a wonderful thing.
Regarding item 2, saying that one gets
what they pay for seems like a stretch.
What I read says data traffic on Comcast's
cables is phenomenally profitable.  If
anything, it is subsidizing programming
costs for it's cable TV operations.

It's hard to take this a lot further without
actually knowing some financial facts, but
anecdotally, looking at systems like
Lafayette, LA,  Google, etc - and there
are many more apparently - Comcast is
expensive, if less so than some smaller
players.

Oh, and yes, it's pretty clear that Comcast
was interfering with BitTorrent until it was
caught.  What else probably depends on
who's looking, but I suspect that as Comcast
tries to milk NBC, there will be more issues.

   -- Bob