[GRLUG] Workstations

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 16:24:40 EDT 2011

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 4:18 PM, Casey DuBois <casey at grlug.org> wrote:
> I have 2x42" LCD tv's that I need to run with some flavor of linux.
> My original config was 2x single core cpus running ubuntu but the Graphics
> could not keep up.
> I was hoping that the single core faster cpu may make a difference but
> thinking I'll need 2xDual core to make it run smooth.
> Thoughts?
> Experiences?

Any low-end PCI or PCIe graphics card will probably be just fine. I've
got some $50 PCIe NVidia cards which I purchased specifically for
their ability to do full decoding of h.264. I bought them almost two
years ago.

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation GT200 [GeForce
210] (rev a2)

It has HDMI, DVI-I and DisplayPort outputs, and can drive any two of
those three at the same time.