[GRLUG] tethering

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Mon Sep 12 11:06:29 EDT 2011

At 10:00 AM 9/12/2011, you wrote:
>Any Sprint users tethering?

Got an Evo last winter; had to root it to install the tether, but you
don't have to now, supposedly. Minor problem with rooting is that you
cannot do any system updates [they fail and lockup, forcing a battery
removal & reboot].

Have not used with any 'link' apps, however, .. I use both Linux &
Windoze so I did not want to deal withclient s/w.

Reasonable performance at 3G speeds, have not been able to confirm if
the tether actually uses 4G if connected. I normally use ssh with
ConnectBot, so 4G speeds on the Evo work great [*especially* at big
events where 3G is saturated].

         Lee