[GRLUG] soft phone for Linux

David van Geest david.vangeest at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 14:45:08 EDT 2011

On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 7:51 AM, Eric Beversluis
<ebever at researchintegration.org> wrote:
> I want to register the soft phone with an Asterisk pbx at work (part of
> an integrated SMB server/telephony solution we're developing for small
> businesses).

Hey, know this is an old thread, but I just found myself in the exact
same situation, trying to register a soft phone with an Asterix-based
PBX.

I got both Ekiga and Twinkle to work, but found Twinkle's interface to
be pretty awful.  Also installed Linphone but never got it to work.
Ended up going with Ekiga.