[GRLUG] 80 BUCKS

John-Thomas Richards jtr at jrichards.org
Thu Sep 8 20:59:02 EDT 2011

On Thu, Sep 08, 2011 at 12:07:24PM -0400, Bob Kline wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 11:53 AM, Casey DuBois <casey at grlug.org> wrote:
>
> > Hey GRLUG,
> >
> > I just made 80 Bucks (4x$20 Meijer Gift Cards) for 3-hours of my time.
> >
> > There are always requirements...and here they are: If your are a Caucasian,
> > MALE aged 40-49 and have NOT had The PSA Test or Cancer
> >
> > If you are in this category drop me a direct email and I'll get you going.
> >

> Quite a bit of discrimination there Age.  "Race."  And the big shocker
> for me is gender discrimination.  Has the world learned nothing?
>
> Anyway, go for the test.  Even if it was just free, and they didn't
> pay you a dime, it's worth the time.

Um...discrimination?  "PSA Test" stands for "Prostate-Specific Antigen
Test."  Exactly *zero* women have ever died from prostate cancer since,
you know, they don't have prostates.  Prostate cancer largely afflicts
older men.  Hence the age restriction.  The only really puzzling part of
these restrictions is race since black men are far more likely to get
prostate cancer than white men (white men are also more likely to get
prostate cancer than Hispanics or Asians).
--
john-thomas
------