[GRLUG] A Moment of Silence

Mike Williams knightperson at zuzax.com
Wed Sep 7 19:42:29 EDT 2011

Hmmm, I go through systems fairly slowly, so almost all of them have a
bit of history. Furthest back, I suppose like most users I had an
irrational affection for my Amiga 2000. More recently, I guess it was a
motherboard. I had a house server for many years that was a
decommissioned desktop, but it just kept going. I can't even guess when
I originally got the board, but the Asus P2B-L with a Pentium II 400 or
so did house server duties for years beyond its expected lifetime. It
was only about 3 years ago that I finally turned it off, but it's still
there and would probably run fine if I were to power it back up again.
Provided I could remember the commands to boot it since I never got the
initrd to properly handle all the RAID and LVM that it did. Similar
levels of uptime to what Ben described, but quite a bit more maintenance
because it ran Gentoo.