[GRLUG] RaspBerry Pi

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 14:45:50 EDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 2:37 PM, Casey DuBois <casey at grlug.org> wrote:
> That's the kind of device I wanted to use in the Kiosk.
> Thinking we're needing something a little larger with more ports.

Ports requirements, IIRC, are:
* One(1) VGA port, or DVI-I and a DVI->VGA adapter
* One(1) USB port for One(1) RS-232 serial port for the touchscreen's
input (USB is the most convenient)
* One(1) USB port for the ticket printer.
* One(1) USB port for the cash reader.
* One(1) USB port, one(1) SATA port or one(1) IDE port for booting the
OS. (Unless we talk about netboot again)
* One(1) ethernet port for network access.

That's minimum, and can even be worked downward a little with a USB
hub or expansion card. Anything else is gravy.

I know Adobe Flash runs on Arm (it's running on my Xoom), but I don't
know if they have an Arm Flash plugin for Linux. So a low-power x86
processor would be ideal. AMD's low-power Bulldozer might even be
appropriate. What's the lowest wattage x86 processor around that can
handle Adobe Flash?