[GRLUG] Using Ubuntu instead of windows at work.

Jonathan Jesse jjesse at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 09:45:42 EDT 2011

So I try this every now and then (almost every new Ubuntu release), but
struggle w/ the same problems you have.  The best/easiest solution I have
came across is to use VirtualBox to create a Windows VM and have it run
basically all the time.  Really defeats the purpose of running Linux so I
give up and switch back to Windows.  Having to run a VM all the time kills
battery life and really defeats the purpose of running Linux in my view.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but its something I tried several times and
find it isn't worth the struggle to get things working or have a VM always
killing my battery