[GRLUG] temperature problems

Richard Nienhuis richardnienhuis at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 09:06:37 EDT 2011

Well, get a multimeter with a temp probe I guess.  Or check if your bios has
a thermal cutoff temp setting.  I'm just saying those programs are
frequently inaccurate because they incorrectly apply some constant that is
cpu model specific.

Maybe try a different program or boot to a windows partition and run
speedfan, which is usually able to guess the right value.