[GRLUG] Eye-Fi

Bob Kline bob.kline at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 10:42:52 EDT 2011

Probably right.  Cameras with WiFi
built in are coming down in price.  e.g.,

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-EC-SH100-Digital-Optical-Touchscreen/dp/B004L3R0Z0/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1319467069&sr=1-1

With a 4GB Eye-Fi unit costing $40 even
from Amazon, and the Samsung Camera
for $139 having a 5X optical zoom, and
14MP sensor,  there would be some soul
searching for a few customers as to what
route to go.  But the Eye-Fi does add
flexibility.  As for retrofits,  some will find
their camera bodies have enough plastic
in them to allow the unit to work.

    -- Bob