[GRLUG] Eye-Fi

megadave megadave at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 10:20:10 EDT 2011

I presume the point of the eyefi is for cameras that DON'T have
wireless. Instead of buying a whole new camera ($$$$$), just add a
method to retrieve pictures that an existing camera stores to the SD
card.

But there is no camera directly involved in my desired use:

Wireless device in digital frame, ability to load pictures into it
from a PC (over ftp, web, or whatever - even SMB would be fine as
londa as it was compatible with Samba) for the frame to display.

I know they make frames with wifi built in, but again, instead of
buying a whole new frame ($$$$$) just add a method to store pictures
to a memory card that an existing frame can already accept.