[GRLUG] Any Nagios folks around?

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Fri Nov 18 17:37:40 EST 2011

At 05:30 AM 11/18/2011, you wrote:

>We use Nagios to monitor a ton of windows servers, running NRPE and
>NC_Net on the windows side and their respective plugins on the
>Nagios side. And then a few batch files for NRPE to use, and NC_Net
>allows access to event logs, WMI, and everything else.
>
>If what you want to monitor would be available through cygwin via
>ssh, then GG, good game.

What I would like is to use plugins over ssh like a Linux machine, so
the reverse tunnel from the remote machine is also usable for a shell prompt.

The weird part is all of the WIndoze plugins we have seen (NRPE,
NCSLIENT, check_nt) are all designed for a 'direct' connection,
which, I guess, is typical Windoze.

If anyone has ever tried to use the Windoze machine in such a manner,
please let us know.

         Lee