[GRLUG] audio tags

Bob Kline bob.kline at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 19:28:14 EST 2011

A little more.  Here's a simple HTML
file:

Play <a href="pomp_n_circumstance_1.ogg"> Pomp and Circumstance </a>

If I bring this up within the

Chrome browser, in a system running

Kubuntu 11.10, "Pomp and Circumsance"

is displayed, and when I left click on

that, the piece plays.  It seems that

just about anywhere an ogg file is

encountered, it can be play - something

seems built in to Chrome to do this.

Not so with mp3.  I'd heard there were

legal issues with the mp3 format.  Might

this be connected, in the sense that mp3

is not also built in?  And notice that no

reference to html5 appears.

Anyone care to expound on this?

   -- Bob