[GRLUG] OO.o slow screen rewrite with NX

Eric Beversluis ebever at researchintegration.org
Sun May 29 07:20:52 EDT 2011

I'm still stuck using my Ubuntu via NX from a Windows box.

It's going OK except when I use OpenOffice. Then each time I make a
change (save, maximize, resize, move window) it can take between 3 and
10 seconds to rewrite the screen, sometimes going through several passes
at rewriting.

Is this simply a function of OO complexity or is there something that
can speed up this process?

Thanks.