[GRLUG] ritual complaint re Windows

Bill Littlejohn billl at mtd-inc.com
Sun May 8 15:58:11 EDT 2011

I rolled out a few win7 machines lately and 2 users called last week to
report that most of their desktop shortcuts had been deleted mysteriously.
It turns out Win7 scheduled maintenance automatically (by default) deletes
any broken shortcuts for you. So if your mapped network drives go offline..
all your shortcuts get deleted for you.
Awesome. Good job M$.