[GRLUG] Admin rights

Matt Michielsen mattmichielsen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 13:07:47 EDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 1:01 PM, Adam Tauno Williams
<awilliam at whitemice.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-03-17 at 12:54 -0400, Don Wood wrote:
>

>> Casey, you said that it is a part of a domain.  I would see your
>> domain Administrator, you will need domain admin rights as well as
>> schema admin rights.
>> Hope this helps Margie
>> No, he only needs his domain account to be given local admin rights.
>
> +1,  but only a Domain Administrator is capable of doing that without
> having to jump through a myriad of hoops.

Not necessarily. Unless your myriad of hoops definition is a little
different than mine. He should be able to use the local admin user
(potentially after unlocking it with a ntpasswd boot cd) to grant his
domain user local privileges. As for Power User vs. Administrator, it
depends on what other policies are applied. Power User is probably
good enough.