[GRLUG] Admin rights

Adam M. Erickson adam at openfad.com
Thu Mar 17 10:43:58 EDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 9:13 AM, Michael Mol <mikemol at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 9:11 AM, L. V. Lammert <lvl at omnitec.net> wrote:
>> On Thu, 17 Mar 2011, Michael Mol wrote:
>>
>>> The Ultimate Boot CD (http://ultimatebootcd.com/) contains a tool that
>>> can remove passwords from Windows user accounts. Remove the password
>>> from the Administrator account, log in as Administrator, and change
>>> settings as needed.
>>>
>> If blowing it away and installing Linux is not possible, the next best
>> option is:
>>
>>        http://www.sysresccd.org

I think that rescueCD and UBCD use the same tools. I have used rescueCD
recently and can confirm that it works on 7, Vista, XP, server 2003. I
haven't used
UBCD in 5 years but it did work on XP.

For Windows 7 you can find the directions online to enable the local admin
 account and create/reset the password from the rescueCD. Using a bootable
 USB or CD.

Not legal if you are not the owner or authorised to do it but will
work to to get
admin rights to the local computer wither it is on a domain or not.

Best regards,

Adam M. Erickson